Living in Saint John
Many people choose to come to Saint John for the unique combination of features present here: a vibrant and beautiful historic city centre, nature parks and breathtaking ocean views within easy reach, a friendly community of helpful and approachable people, and surprisingly affordable cost of living compared to elsewhere in the country.
We are sure that you'll enjoy life in Saint John. Here are some of the resources to help you make the most out of it.
Maps (PDF files)
- Saint John region map. (2.5 MB)
The maps of Saint John are courtesy of our good friends and partners at Discover Saint John - tireless advocates of our beautiful #SaintAwesome city.
Events, Activities and Places to Enjoy
- Discover Saint John, a go-to online resource to check out what's on in Saint John, places to go and things to do in our wonderful city throughout the year. Make sure you also follow them on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest - for colourful images, exciting stories and up-to-the-minute updates on things not to be missed.
- Saint John. Life on your terms, an online portal with information on living and working in Saint John.
- Uptown Saint John, a guide to life in Saint John's famous historical city centre.
- Saint John Public Library, Canada's first free public library, established in 1883, today it is also a popular community hub offering a whole range of free activities to suit all ages and tastes, on most days of the week throughout the year.
- Rockwood Park, a city park in Saint John and one of Canada's largest urban parks.
- Irving Nature Park, a place on the West side of the city where everyone can come to enjoy and experience the various ecosystems of the Atlantic ocean coastline.
- Stonehammer Geopark, North America’s first geopark and an area recognized by UNESCO to have exceptional geological heritage. Stonehammer is about geology, but it is also about the people, society and culture. You can hike, kayak, rock climb, zip, eat and tour… you’ll have fun every step of the way!
- Tourism New Brunswick, a comprehensive online guide to exploring the many wonders of the province, most of them a short drive away from Saint John.
Provincial and Local Media
- CBC-New Brunswick, provincial news from the main Canadian federal news corporation.
- The Telegraph-Journal, New Brunswick's main provincial English language newspaper which also serves as the community newspaper for Saint John.
Note: you need a subscription to access The Telegraph-Journal online. Free fresh copies of the newspaper are available daily at the Newcomers Centre, as well as at the Saint John Public Library and some other locations around the city.
- L'Acadie Nouvelle, the province's main French language daily newspaper.
- Huddle, an online publication focused on business news and stories of entrepreneurs in New Brunswick and throughout the Maritimes.
- The District News, a monthly community publication, providing local content from the Greater Saint John area.
Saint John is a great place to be. The best in Canada, in our opinion and in our experience :)
We look forward to sharing with you our love for this wonderful city!