Make Your Dream Come True
We all know how unfair life can be, on kids and grown-ups alike. Sometimes the only thing you need to make your dream come true is a little bit of support. That is when community steps in - because that's what community is all about: supporting each other.
The Saint John Newcomers Centre has set up the Community Scholarship Fund, made up of donations. All the money will be awarded as a scholarship to a community member who dreams about going to college or university, but can't afford it.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Be in financial need.
2. Be somehow connected to the Saint John Newcomers Centre, e.g. take part in our events, use our services now or in the past, etc.
3. Currently live in Greater Saint John area.
4. Be applying for the first year of study at a recognised college or university.
5. If you are submitting your application in English, the educational institution you are applying to should be located in Saint John. If you are submitting your application in French, the educational institution you are applying to should be located in New Brunswick.
6. Intend to stay in Saint John after graduation.
7. Intend to contribute to the promotion of multiculturalism in Saint John.
The Scholarship will be awarded by the Board of the Saint John Newcomers Centre, who will decide which of the applicants will benefit from it most.
All the applications will be presented to the board anonymously.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 16 July 2018. The winner will be announced in the last week of August 2018.
Every dream has a right to come true, every effort is worth it. Apply now!
Photo courtesy of Juan Ramos.