Support to Francophone Newcomers
We host exploratory visits to Saint John for francophone immigrants planning to move to New Brunswick under the framework of the Provincial Nominee Programme.
We also offer a whole set of assistance and support services for new francophone arrivals to the city, helping them settle down and integrate into the local community.
Our recent activities for the francophone community included:
- Lunch en Français conversational sessions, every Friday at 12:00 PM in the Saint John Public Library.
- Coup de Pouce, the homework help club for kids, every Wednesday afternoon throughout the school year.
- Information sessions on various aspects of life in Canada.
- Francophone summer camps for children (in partnership with Samuel-de-Champlain school).
- Social Events: Thanksgiving dinner, Francophone Immigration Day, Christmas party, Piments et sirop d’érable event to celebrate multiculturalism with dishes from different national cuisines and music from different cultures (in partnership with the ARCF), bus tours for francophone community (in partnership with PRUDE Inc.) and so on.
- Sport Events: Francofans evening for francophone hockey fans (in partnership with Samuel-de-Champlain school, ARCF and the Sea Dogs hockey team), the Basketball Evening with the Saint John Riptide team, March Break Camps with sports activities for kids (in partnership with ProKids), etc.
- Francobulles: an activity that promotes interaction between children and their parents in French (in partnership with ARCF and the District scolaire francophone Sud).
For more details about our services for French speaking newcomers please get in touch with Emmanuelle Wingfield (email@example.com, tel. 506.642.1219) or with Guy Verna (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 506.642.6464) who co-ordinate our activities for francophones.